Sunday 20 October 2013

From Buddhism to Islam- What Does It Mean To Me?

My conversion from a Buddhist to a Muslim does not mean I have leave Buddhism as my religion.
However, being a Muslim actually helps me to put the basic Five Precepts of Buddhism (pañca-sīla) into practice everyday.

What are the Five Precepts taught in Buddhism?

Pañca-sīla / The Five Precepts 
(In Pali & English language)

1) Pāṇātipātā veramaṇī sikkhāpadaṃ samādiyāmi.
    I undertake the training rule to abstain from killing.

2) Adinnādānā veramaṇī sikkhāpadaṃ samādiyāmi
    I undertake the training rule to abstain from taking what is not given.

3) Kāmesumicchācāra veramaṇī sikkhāpadaṃ samādiyāmi.
    I undertake the training to avoid sexual misconduct.

4) Musāvādā veramaṇī sikkhāpadaṃ samādiyāmi.
    I undertake the training rule to abstain from false speech.

5) Surāmerayamajjapamādaṭṭhānā veramaṇī sikkhāpadaṃ samādiyāmi
     I undertake the training rule to abstain from fermented drink that causes heedlessness.



No comments:

Post a Comment