Tuesday 18 November 2014

#‎JOURNEY520‬ - 19.11.2014

“To You my Lord I confess my weakness, my lack of resources and my lowliness before men. Dear Merciful Lord, you are Master of the weak and Master of those who depend upon me. How much longer shall they revile me? How much longer shall my enemies hold sway over me? As long as You are not angry with me then nothing else matters. Your might is greatest before me and so I seek refuge in the Light of Your Countenance, in the Light that drives away all darkness and in which all things of this world and the next find meaning. Whether You visit upon me Your Wrath or relieve me of my burden, such is Your Right until You are pleased. Truly there is no power nor glory but in You.”

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)'s prayer to Allah after his return from Taif, anguished and heartbroken when the people of Taif not only refuse to listen to his Message of One God, but also throw stones at him till his head was bleeding profusely. This account is narrated by Ibn Hisham in the book As-Seera an-Nabawiyyah.

In this prayer too, we can see the mercy of Prophet (pbuh) himself towards even the people who were hostile to him. He never bear any hatred towards them. He knew this is part of the test of faith from Allah.
Even during the most anguish moments, the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)'s main concern is still about Allah's pleasure instead of revenge. Notice his words "As long as You are not angry with me then nothing else matters". The patience and stoicism Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) displayed during this phase has been a source of strength to many a Muslim who has found himself beleaguered by apparently hopeless circumstances.

~

In the perfection Allah
we place our love, faith, & hope.
Amin...

No comments:

Post a Comment